So is your cat peeing in places that it shouldn’t be and you’re wondering how to find it?
What is the best cat urine finder blacklight? The best blacklight for cat urine detection is the UV Black Light Flashlight from Amazon, and it comes at a great price too. It is the best because it outputs the right amount of light and at the right frequency to find the pee. It also has a 1-year warranty so you can relax knowing that it will work.
- What We Use
- Best Option
- Best Budget/Travel Option
- What Kind of Blacklight is Used to Detect Cat Urine?
- Other Things Blacklight or UV Light can Detect?
- Does Cat Pee Show Up in Blacklight?
- How Do you Find Cat Urine With a UV Light?
- Best Wavelength for Cat Urine Detection?
- Is Cat Urine Not Showing Up Under Black Light?
- What Stains Show Under Blacklight
What We Use
I will cut straight to the case. I use one of these black lights at home because we have multiple cats and sometimes they don’t make it to the litter box. We have cleaned our carpets in the basement a few times and these lights really help. They are easy to use, easy to replace batteries and work like a charm.
- 【365NM INVISIBLE LIGHT】–365nm light is invisible to the naked eye, so that it is not as BRIGHT as the 395nm flashlight, but more perfect for detection of high demand like fluorescent agents & security code. Warm tips: Please clear your needs before ordering.
- 【LIGHT ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL ENTIRELY】– 365nm light is the real dedicated detection spectrum. It can be used in natural light and performs better in the dark with little visible light leak.
The best and highest-rated option is definitely the Realhunlee UV Blacklight Flashlight. This thing gets the job done and really helps you find the smelly cat urine, and It’s a great price on Amazon!!
Even though the one that I use listed above works perfect, this thing is even better, mostly because it is a little brighter.
Best Budget/Travel Option
Sometimes you need to travel for work and want to take a blacklight with you. Or you want to check things like coins, hotel beds and other places germs and urine could be. This next option is the perfect companion for travel and is also the best budget option should you need that. It isn’t as bright or big as the previous option but it will definitely get the job done.
What Kind of Blacklight is Used to Detect Cat Urine?
There is a specific type of blacklight or UV light that is used to highlight cat pee. Most blacklights are marked to show which frequency of light they emit in the UV spectrum.
UV light wavelengths may vary from 10 to 400 nm (nanometers, or billionth parts of a meter). Most flashlights are marked to indicate what wavelength they are
The most common are LED lamps with 400 nm, 385 nm, or 365 nm in general stores.
DO NOT buy lamps with a wavelength of 395 or 400 nm. They are almost useless in finding cat urine because they are too close to being visible light.
For best results, we recommend going with 365 or 385 nm.
The number of LED bulbs also makes a difference in how easy it is to find cat urine. For household use, you can easily go with 9 or 12 LED bulbs in a lamp.
This flashlight below will also help you find bedbugs in hotels and scorpions if you need too.
Other Things Blacklight or UV Light can Detect?
There are a number of other things that blacklight/UV light can help you detect, making this a great purchase or investment for the family home or the traveller.
Blacklight/UV light Uses:
1. Pet(dog cat)urine detector flashlight
2. Security/ID and document Verification
3. Machinery Leaks (UV urine detector)
4. Mineral lighting and identification
5. Scorpion UV flashlight black light
6. Pet Stain Remover For Carpet
7. Cat urine black light detector
8. Ultra Violet light flashlight for pet urine stains
Does Cat Pee Show Up in Blacklight?
Yes, it most certainly does. If you have the right wavelength and the room is really really dark you will see the cat pee. Sometimes you might also see other substances that show up under the UV light as well, so you need to be careful and make sure. However no matter what it is that you find it will probably need to be cleaned up anyway.
How Do you Find Cat Urine With a UV Light?
In order to find cat urine with a black or UV light, there are a few steps you need to take.
- First, make sure you have your flashlight ready and that the batteries are strong enough to do the job
- Second, the room needs to be dark, so do your best to close the blinds and turn off all of the lights. Sometimes you will need to wait until the sun goes down so you can get good darkness in the room.
- Third, Some flashlights come with glasses that will help you to really see the right light wavelengths. If your flashlight doesn’t come with glasses that’s ok it will still work.
- Fourth. Turn on the flashlight and scan the areas where you think there is cat pee. What you will see are glowing pale yellow splotches and markings. The area around the pee will look blue because of the UV light and the pee will glow.
Best Wavelength for Cat Urine Detection?
People used to think that 395 or 400nm was right for cat pee, but actually, it’s 365 – 385nm that is right.
Is Cat Urine Not Showing Up Under Black Light?
The use of a blacklight or UV light for body fluid detection is well known. Pet urine is no different and should glow when you use your flashlight on it. It goes primarily because of the phosphorus that is in the urine.
Before you go any further, make sure that your flashlight is strong even with the lights on…you should see blue light coming from it. Check the batteries and that all of the LED bulbs are working.
The usual problem is that the urine hasn’t dried sufficiently for the flashlight. As the urine begins dry the chances for it to glow get better. If it is still wet or has too much moisture it may not glow at all. Make sure you clear the area and let it dry.
Also, you want to make sure that the pee hasn’t soaked into the carpet and then disappeared below the surface. Sometimes the pee doesn’t stay on the surface and will not react with the light. You may need to investigate without the blacklight.
What Stains Show Under Blacklight
- If your male cat sprayed to mark his territory on the wall, it may look like a splatter, with a few drips running down the wall. If the cat peed on the floor, you might just see a large round-ish spot.
- Some cleaning products and other household materials, including wallpaper glue, may glow under a black light, so don’t panic if your whole room lights up when you turn on the UV light.
- Other substances, including some bodily fluids and tonic water, may also glow. Use the location, size, shape, and smell of the spots to determine if it’s cat urine
1.-Pet(dog cat)urine detector flashlight
2.-Security/ID and document Verification
3.-Machinery Leaks(UV urine detector)
4.-Mineral lighting and identification
5.-Scorpion UV flashlight black light
6.-Pet Stain Remover For Carpet
7.-Cat urine black light detector
8.-Ultra Violet light flashlight for pet urine stains
So what is the best blacklight for cat urine? As mentioned above the UV Blacklight on Amazon is definitely the best to do what you need to do.